Saturday, November 29, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving


I sincerely hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I stepped back from social media for a few days, for various and sundry reasons. So, sorry I didn't say this the day of. I'm thankful for many things, from my family, many of whom I've reconnected with this past year, and for friends who are a regular part of my life. I'm thankful for the wonderful group of people I work with who make every day amazing and the chance to live my dream as a creator. I'm thankful for the blessings in my life of a good home, great career. I'm thankful for the good things of life and this world. But I also daily reflect on those who don't have all those things. I spent many years of my life working with folks cast aside by their families, their community and their society. This week has been an overwhelmingly powerful message that such still happens... every day... every where... and I can't think of the good without also having my heart break over the 'not good'. I'm thankful for how far we've come, but we still have so far to go. Here's to the journey, and may we ever seek to grow, to change, to better ourselves, as individuals, as communities, as a country, and as a species.